On Saturday night MK Acapella and friends provided a memorable sound celebration in our church in the form of their Winter Harmony Concert. The concert was started and ended by MK Acapella. In between their enjoyable close harmony singing we were treated to the following:
- choral music sung by Thornton College Chamber Choir (directed by Anne Sherry, accompanied by Margaret Oliver on the piano)
- the Barbershop Quartet 'Pony Express'
- Jason Anderson (young Milton Keynes pianist) and Emily Heathcote (Clarinet)
- Martin and Ben (two members of MK Acapella who sang a duet)
- Alexandra (soprano) and Daisy Franklin (soprano), accompanied by Karen Pearce (piano)
- All of this was very expertly co-ordinate d and introduced by Lyn Kirkbright.
MK Acapella organised all the publicity and it certainly paid off as we had about 120 people in the audience. David, Shirley, Nina, Ellie and I served refreshments during the interval with donations going to the organ fund (£93.93). MK Acapella decided that proceeds for the concert would support the scholarships they offer each year for BABS Harmony College and for St Mary & St Giles Restoration and Pipe Organ funds.
Thank you to everyone who entertained us at this concert, and to all those who helped with setting up, organising the piano tuning, served refreshments and tidied up afterwards. It was a lovely evening of music.