Join us for another great
COME & SING EVENSONG 2020
conducted by Lee Dunleavy, organist Jonathan Kingston
Saturday 6 June 2020 10.30 am - 4.30pm; Evensong 5.30pm
Under the lively direction of guest conductor Lee Dunleavy we’ll learn and perform all the music for Evensong, with accompaniment on the Father Willis pipe organ played by Jonathan Kingston.
ONLINE BOOKING OPENS SHORTLY:
Music for All @ SMSG warmly invites singers to our second Come & Sing! Evensong day here at St Mary & St Giles Church in Stony Stratford.
The music includes Smart’s Canticles in B flat, along with Charles Wood’s Anthem ‘O Thou the Central Orb, psalmody for the day and an office hymn.
This is a free event, with donations towards Willis pipe organ maintenance welcomed.
Refreshments Tea/coffee will be available in the Parish Hall in the morning, and again in the afternoon with cake (including gluten-free option). Singers are welcome to bring a packed lunch and stay and eat it in the Parish Hall. Alternatively there are many shops, cafes and pubs in Stony Stratford.
Parking There is plentiful free parking in Stony Stratford - click here for a map.
Location: The church has wheelchair access and facilities. Stony Stratford has plenty of good shops, plus cafes and pubs to pop out to at lunchtime or afterwards, and lots of free parking areas around the town www.stonystratford.co.uk
Conductor: Lee Dunleavy is the Musical Director of Northampton Bach Choir.
Organist: Jonathan Kingston
For singers who have already booked (or are planning to come) here are some quick reminders about the day itself:
- Registration STARTS at 10.30am so that you will have time to register and have a tea/coffee and catch-up chat with old friends if you wish. Please enter through The Parish Hall door (so that we can keep the heat in the church!) and please don’t come earlier than 10.30am!
- Singing STARTS at 11am, so if you wish you can arrive just in time to sign in and find a seat.
- Seats will be labelled by voice part, with the music on each seat, avoiding those with poor sight lines.
- Dress code is informal; wear layers and warm, comfortable footwear for standing on stone floors to sing. Bring a cushion if you wish.
- At lunchtime there are plenty of places to pop out to in Stony Stratford – or you are welcome to stay and eat a packed lunch in The Parish Hall. There’ll be tea/coffee at this break in The Parish hall for you to help yourself.
- In the morning and afternoon breaks tea/coffee and cake (including gluten free and dairy free options) will be available in the Church.
Further information and queries: If you have any queries, please do contact the Come & Sing team.
Lesley Salter, Alison Shemwell, Kath Hindley and Anna Page
Come & Sing! Co-organisers