On Sunday 24 November 2019 Polymnia gave a wonderful rendition of Gabriel Faure's Requiem in St Mary & St Giles Church. It was the final concert with John Byron conducting the choir after 13 fruitful years of music making together. Jonathan Kingston accompanied on the organ and piano. The treble soloist was Amy Chamberlain and the baritone soloist Richard Ball.
There are no Music for All @ SMSG photos of this concert, partly because I was unable to attend (my daughter thoroughly enjoyed the concert). Polymnia took their own photos.
- Gabriel Faure (1845-1924) - Madrigal
- Gabriel Faure (1845-1924) - Requiem
- Jonathan Dove (b 1959) - Ah, Sun-flower! (excerpt from The passing of the year)
- Benjamin Britten (1913-1976) - Hymn to St Cecilia
- Richard Allain (b 1965) - What sweeter music
- Francis Poulenc (1899-1963) Quatre motets pour le temps de Noel
- Eric Whitacre (b 1970) - Go, lovely rose
- Jonathan Dove (b 1959) - Ring out, wild bells (excerpt from The passing of the year)
Words by Anna Page