We were blessed with glorious weather and this allowed us to open all the doors to encourage as many as possible to hear the sound of the Handbells for this StonyLive! and Music for all @ SMSG concert. By 4.30pm the church was filled with audience drinking tea and excited children (and adults!) ready to perform.
SMSG church Handbell Ringers started the programme with Trumpet Voluntary by Jeremiah Clark, which they had played last Friday in a live broadcast for 3 Counties Radio. This was followed by 'Keep the Home Fires Burning' and 'Pack up your Troubles' which got everyone humming.
The younger SMSG School Team played 'Twinkle, Twinkle' and 'A peal of Bells' with great confidence and a special 'Happy Birthday' for Peter, who is 70 today!
The older school team played 'Scarlet Ribbons', which everyone sang along to and were then joined by the adult ringers for 'English Country Gardens'. The afternoon finished with another 'massed ring', this time of 'Rounds to Queens'.
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and we were all well supported by an enthusiastic audience. Special thanks to Nina, May and David who kept us fed and watered. £56.72 was donated for our Disabled Access Fund.
- Trumpet Voluntary - SMSG Church Handbell Ringers
- Keep the home Fires Burning
- Pack up your Troubles in your Old Kit Bag
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - SMSG School Younger Team
- A Peal of Bells
- Happy Birthday (twice!)
- Colonel Bogey March - SMSG Church Handbell Ringers
- I do like to be beside the seaside
- Londonderry Air
- Greensleeves - SMSG School Older Team
- Scarlet Ribbons
- My Granfather's Clock
- English Country Garden
- English Country Garden - SMSG Church Handbell Ringers
- Steal Away
- Heyken's Serenade
- Finale everyone - Rounds to Queens