This year's Autumn concert contained a bumper crop of music from the Parish Singer & friends, SMSG Church band, SMSG church handbells, SMSG School Orchestra and SMSG School Choir. Variety is always the flavour of these concerts and this year was no exception.
The programme was:
- Super Trouper (Andersson & Ulvaeus)
- Flying Free (Don Besig) - with Alison Shemwell (flute solo)
SMSG Church handbells
- Tea for Two (No, No, Nanette)
- Singing in the Rain
- How great thou art
- One hand, one heart (Bernstein)
- America (Bernstein)
SMSG Church band
- Two spring themes from The Seasons (Vivaldi)
- Isn't she lovely (Wonder, arr Barrie)
- Pretty Little Angel Eyes (Boyce & Lee, arr Lesley Salter)
- Teach me, O Lord (Thomas Attwood)
- Close to you (David & Bacharach)
SMSG School Choir
- Best day of my life
- Like a river
SMSG School orchestra
- English Tune
- Swinging the Blues
- SMSG Works (12 bar blues)
Parish Singers & SMSG Church handbells
- This World, My God, is Held within your Hand (Richard Proulx)
- All I have to do is dream (sung from memory)
- Close every door to me (Lloyd Webber)
- Angels through the night (Trad, arr by Philip Kern)
Parish Singers, Band, Handbells, SMSG school choir
- All you need is Love (Lennon & McCartney)
Comments received at the end of the concert included the following:
- (about the band) - Two people who haven't heard you before said "Wow, they're good, aren't they!"
- "Thank you for letting my child take part, it was so good for her I loved it all I am truly uplifted, Magic!"
- "Thank you for such an enjoyable afternoon I was moved to tears (for the right reasons!)"
- "The children enjoyed it so much"
- "Very impressive"
- "I have goose pimples it was so good"
- "I would like to come next year"
- "I have been before and will be back again"
- "I always enjoy concerts here"
- "We really enjoyed taking part"
- "So proud to watch my daughter perform"
- "We were happy to be here"
- "We have been coming for 20 years and it was very good today"
- "It was really good to see the children taking part"
Thank you everyone who helped run the refreshments, all the wonderful performers who rose to the occasion when it mattered most and especially Lesley and Kath for organizing and conducting the concert and keeping us all on our toes! We raised a total of £276.50 towards missing pipes in the Willis organ.
You can see more photos of the day at https://www.flickr.com/photos/78058413@N06/sets/72157646744546423/